Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkyjade

Character sheet
Character Name:
Tribe:
Auspice (Garou Only):

PostThe hush of wings

They say the dark is deepest before dawn. When the world holds it's breath before shrugging off the night, making way for the glory of dawn. The snow glowed blue from the light of moon and stars. Nothing moved, the wind didn't even dare to breathe. I could hear the snow crunch under my boots as I walked up the hill, breath fogging before me. The dawn was slowly creeping over the trees, the sky turning paler and paler as I walked to the top. I felt warm in my clothes, fur turned inside to trap body heat. I felt the weight of my pack, my bow in my hand and the quiver tucked behind me.

In the silence I stopped to look at the wide shallow valley below me, the rise of the hills on the other side. The snow lay undisturbed and clean without a mark on the ground, as if nothing else alive existed in this world. I felt alone but not lonely. This moment was mine to cherish, memorize and revisit in remembrance.

The trembling dawn broke through the dark, fingers of orange fiery light reached over the trees. I smiled and could feel its pale warmth on my face. I closed my eyes and watched the blood red glow brighten. I drew in the sweet cold air into my lungs and smiled even wider, the air heavy with the scents of pine, cedar and snow.Then I heard the nearly silent paws pad up next to me. My eyes opened to the sight of sleek black fur, coppery scars, and the large lion like mane. I pulled off my mitten and placed my hand in that luxurious fur, gripping and passing my hand over the thickness of his winter coat.

The moment I touched his fur the world shifted, the colours bleeding away and we both stood at the bottom of a gorge. Red, gold, black, and coppery striped rocks hemmed us in on both sides. The wolf and I began to walk down the path, cliffs rising above our heads. The road meandered this way and that around stones and boulders that had fallen from above. The air was sweet with sage and cactus blooms. No words were needed as we traveled. I watched as we passed through the gates of the gorge. Two boulders stood guard, smoothed and shaped by the wind, silent witnesses to our passing.

Our shadows grew long before us, the rough ground slipping away to shifting sands. Dunes rose and fell beneath our feet. The sands shushing and flowing down as we walked on. My pack never felt heavy, my weapons did not weigh me down. My furs were traded for linen cloth, light and breathing, protecting me from the sun as it sunk in the west. Night creeped in and still we walked. The wolf beside me flowed and shifted into the tall form of the man as we crested the last dune.

Below stood the ruins, eaten away by sand storms and time. A feeling like a heavy bell rang in my head and the first threads of doubts wormed their way through my guts. I turned to the tall, dark and comforting figure, reaching for his hand out of habit but he was gone. I swallowed down panic, turning to look for him. But he was nowhere to be found. I drew breath to call him when the snarling sounds of a fight made me turn and nock an arrow. As I pivoted I drew the bow string to my lip, ready to take aim. Shadows in the ruins, twisted shapes in the dark fought against each other. I could feel the rush of adrenaline hit but I stayed still. If I didn't need to get in the middle of it, I wasn't. I kept my bow pulled and ready, watching these two huge creatures battle it out.

Then the sight tore at my heart and the fear rose in the back of my mouth. A flat coppery taste like pennies on my tongue when I saw it. A shimmering marking very much like a pair of owl wings told me which one of those shapes was him. I took aim at the other. Not a wolf, barely a man, a twisted vile abomination of a creature. It's massive crooked teeth like daggers, red with blood even by starlight. I took aim and let loose a shaft when the two broke apart. But my aim was not true. I missed the heart, getting it in the shoulder. Again I drew, the fear mounting in me. I can't lose him.. I can't lose him! Then the massive black head turned to me and for the briefest moment I saw the peace in his eyes. No pain, no hate, just peace. It rooted me to the ground and I took aim again. The fear releasing it's hold and I loosed my missile. My head was quiet, no more static, no more tight nearly breaking feeling. I watched my arrow seek it's target as I drew another. The mark landed solid and buried deep right into the creatures heart just as I watched his claws come again for the Crinos. The creature made a surprised sound then dropped on his back. I made a run for the Strider who swayed and leaned against a pillar. My head turned to see wings silhouetted against the moon. Silent, huge and deadly the form came down from the skies. I heard the screeching hoot of the owl and then the dream broke like stone tossed in water.

I woke to find Ross holding my shoulders and looking down at me with worry.
" Raine? Raine? Moyo are you alright? You were dreaming." I could only blink at him for several moments before the sticky remnants of the dream let go. He was whole, he was fine, no smell of blood anymore.
"Yes.. yes just a dream"

Last edited by Sparkyjade on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down